Saturday, October 28, 2006

making strides walk

This morning, my neighbor and I got up at the crack of dawn to do the 5k breast cancer walk in Winter Park. Between the two of us, we raised $1300 for bc research. I met some incredible people...other survivors. I think I may have found my volunteer outlet - The Young Survivors Coalition. They are getting the Orlando chapter started and need leaders. Since there are so many issues related to being young and surviving bc, this may be the perfect opportunity.

One of the women I met is Jan. She is a really fantastic person and loves life! She is a member of a church that makes quilts for underprivileged people all over the world - mostly in third world countries, I'm assuming. Well, I told her about the fabric stash I had accumulated over the years and as I'm talking I realize she may be able to use it. She followed me home and I gave her hundreds of yards of material. She is so excited and I feel so good that this material is going to be used and distributed in quilts!! Love it when the universe puts people in the right place at the right time!! She invited me to go to the church tomorrow and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

No comments: