Tuesday, October 17, 2006

growing a small business

Last night I hired a contract employee!! She's young and her mother wouldn't let her get a word in edgewise, but I'm hoping she will come out of her shell when she's working with me. It's going to be on a trial basis. Hopefully she will like the work. It could be a good learning opportunity for her if she takes it. I've told her she has to invoice me for her time/hours, and is responsible for her own taxes.

I'm painting the store room space on Saturday - the space that will be the work area for Sissy Made It. Then Bob is going to help me build my work table. He doesn't know this yet...

The last couple of weeks have been really filled and fun. I was in the dumps because our good friends Carrie and John moved away. I wasn't expecting the hole they left. I think I just started planning things without really thinking and all of the sudden, I have a full calendar! But John and Carrie are coming for a visit and we are thrilled!

No comments: