Wednesday, October 11, 2006

another new venture

Today I'm going to be making a presentation to a design firm about Nood carpet. I've not sold carpet in over three years and now I'm back. It's very surreal, but I'm confident in the material and the product. The truth is, I've got so many project businesses going that I'm sure this one will take off, too! Just more for me to do! I don't want to take my health for granted anymore. It's so nice feeling normal and not being on drugs that wreck your body, just so they can kill cancer cells. Stress is at the door and I need to make sure to keep it in check. I've found that I can change my thinking and turn stress into motivation - it's not easy, but you have total control over it if you recognize it.

So back to this presentation. I'm nervous in a good way. New people, new conversations, will they like me? Will they laugh at my jokes? Will they ask me questions I don't know the answer to? Yes, yes, and most definitely YES! A new adventure, a new reality, a new beginning.

I wonder what my life would look like if I were to focus for 8 to 10 hours a day. Really focus. Not get distracted by the frig or the television. Actually follow a schedule. All the little mini projects I start during the day and going back and forth...what if I were to budget my time. Have slotted time periods for certain tasks. I think I should try it.

No comments: