Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Taste of Blackberries

Our friend Eric has been pruning the blackberry picking honey hole this spring. It's now ripe for the picking. As we were picking this morning, I remembered the children's book A Taste of Blackberries. Must be one of the short list of books that really made an impact on me as a child. I think I should get a copy and re-read it now as a 40 year old.

I also think I should start putting a stack of books together for my nephew and neice. You know it would have to also include Where the Red Fern Grows. What a tear jerker!

Anyway, back to the blackberries....they are ripe and ready to be put into a cobbler or crisp. Fall is around the corner. Our best weather is upon us and the wine drinkers cometh.

I do have a taste for blackberries and all they bring with them.

No comments: