Tuesday, December 05, 2006

mantras

I'm definitely not the poster child for meditation. I do, however, fully believe there is power in meditation/prayer...whatever you call it. Clearing you mind of the clutter, so you might receive tidbits from God, the universe...whatever you call it. I take my dog, Mo, on a walk every morning. There is a song I sing to myself sometimes on the walk - an oldie..."Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day. Oh what a glorious sunrise, everything's going my way". I know when I sing that tune, my day goes better. The other thing I do on the walk involves a breathing exercise. Five or six steps is one breath in, while I think to my self "peace, love, harmony, happiness, in" and then five or six steps is the resulting breath out, while I think to myself "hate, anger, fear, war, out". I'm not sure if it's the oxygen intake or the mantra, but it makes me feel better, too.

1 comment:

chandra said...

Sissy,

How true. We have only one purpose on earth / in life :

to spread laughter, joy, happiness, and peace ... in words and in deeds... and to be always compassionate and kind.

come, i would love to meet you :

chandrasart.blogspot.com

warm wishes

chandra