Saturday, December 02, 2006

cleaning day

I wish someone could explain to me the difference between men and women in the area of cleaning house. I've just spent several hours cleaning - something that should really only take 30 minutes. Except that things in this house get so dirty. I'm not saying that my husband is totally responsible - I definitely do my fair share of messing things up - but not in the same way. Let's just take the coffee maker. Now, I don't drink coffee. Bob is the only one who uses the coffee pot. I wiped it down during my cleaning of the kitchen and decided to wash out the morning coffee. Well, the bottom of the pot looked brown (old coffee, I suppose) so I took a scrubber and started scrubbing. It was disgusting! If I did drink coffee, I wouldn't want it out of that pot - gross! I don't think he has ever scrubbed the thing out - grey residue came out for ten minutes! He always says he cleans it.....I'm just saying.....

No comments: