Friday, November 17, 2006

roadtrip

I'm back in DC for the weekend. Love it here - not really sure why I wanted to leave it so bad. The weather is crisp. Looking forward to seeing a ton of friends. Celebrating my old roommates wedding and catching up with everyone here. Last night I met some girlfriends at a place on the hill called Sonoma. I was sitting at the bar waiting and having a glass of wine and getting all nostalgic about living in the city and missing all the things that come with that. Florida is nice, it's just really different. I think I miss the little formalities - dressing a little better than casual, talking about issues and walking to your destination instead of driving. The grass is most certainly always greener on the other side and I intend to enjoy my visit this time!

No comments: